Warrenton Baptist Church | Warrenton, VA
As the Senior Pastor, you will be responsible for passionately leading Warrenton Baptist Church (WBC) as a New Testament church. You will lead the Members, the ministries and supervise the Church Staff in the performance of their tasks. As the leader of pastoral ministries you are a member of the Ministry Council. As such you will energetically work with the Ministry Council, the Deacons and Church Staff to: (1) lead WBC in performing its tasks, (2) lead WBC to engage in a fellowship of worship, witness, education, ministry, and application, (3) proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers and (4) care for the Members, their families, and other persons in the community.
• Passionate, energetic, self-motivated leader
• Demonstrate experience building strong partnerships with other churches both domestically and globally
• Excellent listener with outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective working knowledge of Baptist associations (e.g. NorthStar Church Network & Southern Baptist Convention)
• Ministry related Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited seminary or university
• Five or more years of successfully managing ministerial and administrative staff, or equivalent experience.
• Supporting the spiritual growth of our congregation
• Advising and working cooperatively with lay leadership to set priorities for achieving the mission and vision of the church
• Preparing and preaching theologically sound, scripturally based sermons
• Planning and leading meaningful worship experiences
• Leading the pastoral care ministry
• Leading and managing ministerial and support staff as an effective team
• Being resourceful and taking initiative to resolve issues
• Emphasis on the importance of families and children and move positively toward growing that area of our church by considering it your responsibility to “ground” children in the scriptures and cultivate their relationship with Jesus
• Supporting outreach efforts
Warrenton Baptist Church Church Profile
Warrenton Baptist Church is a historical downtown church that has been actively worshipping since 1849. In addition to the physical church on Main Street, we have a multipurpose building located 2 miles away that was built 3 years ago and is currently used for mission outreach in the community.
WBC is conveniently located between the Blue Ridge Mountains and Northern Virginia. Washington DC is less than 1 hour Northeast and the state capital, Richmond, is 2 hours South. Our congregation is united by our confession of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. Predominantly dual income with a large percentage working outside of the community. Affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention and NorthStar Church Network, with a growing number of non-traditionally Baptist families (not raised in a Baptist church). Sunday mornings consist of 2 worship services: one Contemporary and one Traditional. Sunday School, covering all age groups, is offered during both services. We have a growing Hispanic worship service, with its own pastor as well as a large ESL program.
TinyTots DayCare and Preschool is a ministry of Warrenton Baptist Church, overseen by our Ministry Council. They have their own Director and Staff and use a portion of our Main Street building Monday through Friday.
Some of our active community outreach programs are as follows:
-Bible Study Groups
-People Helping People
-Senior Adult Ministry
-Outreach to Homebound Seniors
More details and other active ministries can be found on our website.