Warrenton Baptist Church | Warrenton, VA
As the Senior Pastor, you will be responsible for passionately leading Warrenton Baptist Church (WBC) as a multi-site New Testament church. You will lead the Members, the ministries and supervise the Church Staff in the performance of their tasks. As the leader of pastoral ministries, you are a member of the Ministry Council. As such, you will energetically work with the Ministry Council, the Deacons, and Church Staff to: (1) lead WBC in performing its tasks, (2) lead WBC to engage in a fellowship of worship, witness, education, ministry, and application, (3) proclaim the gospel to believers and unbelievers, and (4) care for the Members, their families, and other persons in the community.
• Passionate, energetic, self-motivated leader excited by the challenges of using a multi-site Church for His glory.
• Demonstrate experience building strong partnerships with other churches both domestically and globally
• Excellent listener with outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Effective working knowledge of Baptist associations (e.g. Baptist General Association of Virginia, NorthStar Church Network & Southern Baptist Convention)
• Bachelor or Master of Divinity, from an accredited seminary or university
• Five or more years of successfully managing ministerial and administrative staff, or equivalent experience.
• Advising and working cooperatively with lay leadership to set priorities for achieving the mission and vision of the church
• Preparing and preaching God-inspired sermons
• Planning and leading meaningful worship experiences
• Leading the pastoral care ministry
• Leading and managing ministerial and support staff as an effective team
• Being resourceful and taking initiative to resolve issues
• Supporting outreach efforts
Our ideal senior pastor will:
• …have a deep and pervasive relationship with Jesus Christ
• …believe the Bible is the word of God which guides your life
• …be an open-minded consensus builder
• …embrace technology, leveraging it to the glory of God.
• …have experience identifying, resolving and managing conflict in a loving way
• …understand and embrace the challenges of a multi-site church
• …enjoy a diverse bi-lingual congregation
• …support the Baptist Faith and Message of 1963
• …enjoy and support the music program of the church
• … continue our strong relationship and missions with other congregations (e.g. First Baptist Church of Warrenton and Jerusalem Baptist Church of Haiti)
• …will embrace our traditions, while simultaneously leading our shared vision of growth.
About Warrenton Baptist Church
United by our confession of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we are a people passionate about the Lord’s work in local and international missions. We are a Main Street church united in Christ currently expanding to include a missional outreach center within our community. We believe that each of us is responsible for our own relationship with God. We are a diverse and inclusive church community with both English speaking and Hispanic worship services. We enjoy an active family-oriented church. We respect our differences and see them as opportunities for growth and discipleship. Our diversity of thought is a strength of our church. We are a deeply musical people who often lack the rhythm to clap in time. We maintain a close spiritual bond with First Baptist Church of Warrenton working together on community projects and recurring joint worship services. Nestled between the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains and Washington D.C., WBC is rooted in history but leaning forward into our future with the completion of a new outreach facility on 26 acres near-by. Having been established in Warrenton for 169 years, we remain a vibrant and spiritually healthy church, engaging in diverse worship and outreach. Our goal in all we do, is to know Christ and make him known, in Warrenton and around the world.